Are you a general or extra licensee?  On Saturday December 4th W4DFU is
participating in a SEC championship game day special operating event and
needs your help.  The amateur radio clubs of the SEC will be on the air
9am-3pm promoting amateur radio at the collegiate level. UF students, staff,
faculty, and guests are welcome to participate and operate the station.  It
is a nice way to visit the station, bring a copy of your license.

We are doing SEC recruiting, please let me know by e-mail which of the six
hours you would like to operate (six one hour operating slots)!  At the
conclusion of the event we have two more occurring:

-at 3pm in the station we are having a dedication in the station of our
VUCC-SAT award to W4DFU satellite pioneer Robert Johnson, WB4JCM.  Bob, who
recently passed away, worked the early OSCAR and Russian satellites from
W4DFU.

-at 4pm we will be having a game watching/holiday party at Calico Jacks on
SW 2nd Ave.

I hope to see you on Saturday Dec. 4th!

Dr. Jay Garlitz, AA4FL

GARC Faculty Advisor