On the way home from an STA-5 tour south of Clewiston in Hendry
County, my friend Jose Padilla and I found and photographed a
straggler Gray Kingbird on CR835 near the Deer Fence Canal. If anyone
wants to see a fairly poor but adequate for identification purposes
photo of this bird, I'd be happy to send to him or her. I believe that
this is my latest date ever for a Gray Kingbird in Florida although
Stevenson & Anderson mention a few well into December. It was of some
consolation because we struck out on finding any Tyrant flycatchers at
STA-5 today including even a single Western Kingbird and especially
the Cassin's Kingbird that was there less than two weeks ago. Jose and
I, along with a carload of folks from Audubon Society of the
Everglades did find a Scissor-tailed Flycatcher a bit earlier, also on
CR835. I'm sure a report of the entire day's birding from the STA-5
tour will be forthcoming from Margaret England via eBird so I will not
post the results here. Suffice it to say that it was a good day as it
always is to be birding at such a wonderful locale such as STA-5.

Vincent P. Lucas
Naples, FL
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/