This morning I decided to try North Lake Jessup Conservation Area. Each year
 I try to find the Henslow's and the Le Conte's Sparrows like we had around 3
 or 4 years ago there. This is the year finally for the Le Conte's. I found a Le
 Conte's Sparrow. It was feeding in the light brown grasses near the water.
 The general area is the last wooden pole north near the water. Initally the bird
 showed in the tall dark brown grasses, and went into the light brown grasses.
 The habitat is totally different than the last time they were there. Once the
 bird gets into the light brown grasses there is little chance to see it except if
 you flush it. It flies exactly like a Sedge Wren. So any Sparrow you flush that
 flies a long way is probably a Savannah Sparrow. The Le Conte's flies a very
 short distance, and dives back to the ground where it runs. There are plenty
 of Savannah Sparrows, Sedge Wrens, and Palm Warblers in those grasses
 also. There could be more Le Conte's Sparrows, but I only saw one for sure.
 Didn't get any shots except identification shots. It didn't pose like the ones
 did years ago. Now... I'll continue searching for a Henslow's :o) .....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/5161842048/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/5161841720/

Danny Bales
Titusville, Fla.