At dusk I found myself in a parking lot in Port Richey, SW Pasco Co. and saw a family of Sandhills fly in. I investigated and found they had joined another family already there. After some greeting song the six birds promptly went to sleep together in a place that showed signs of previous nights of roosting and preening. The lot is far from safe from cars driving through but the place the birds chose is away from any evening businesses.
I hope this day finds you well.
Paul Francois
SW Pasco Co
http://paulies.wordpress.com/
(currently displaying my pic of the Yellow-Breasted Chat)