From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sara
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 10:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [RM] Digital Archive Software

Thanks to everyone who offered advice.  Just a little more info:  I am
located in Ireland so I would need something supportable here.  My company
uses Oracle, and I know there are Oracle products that could suit this
purpose, but at $180 per user we would not be able to make access available
to all employees.  I am really looking to slowly create a digital database
of access copies (paper originals stay in the archive) because we have had
some issues with original master copies going missing. :(

I was thinking that if my company is really not willing to spend money on
this project perhaps we could try using something like Archon.  But I would
like to know if anyone else has tried this, or if it's just a horrible idea
for some reason I'm not thinking of.....
Thanks!
Sara

mailto:[log in to unmask]