Thanks so much!

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Phyllis Bixler
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2010 11:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Question on teaching vocabulary

The strategy that I find most helpful for my students is to have them
make flashcards of the words with the definition and a sentence
containing the word that is meaningful to THEM. I then tell them to
carry their words with them EVERYWHERE and to pull them out and review
while waiting at a train, at the doctor's office, in line at the store,
etc. They can also have a family member verbally quiz them. This is
strategy that I used with my high school students as well and it works
well for most learners.

Phyllis Bixler, NBCT
Tutoring Coordinator
Ivy Bridge College of Tiffin University