Dear SOCNET,

Does anyone have examples of analysis of information sharing and collaboration
networks among employees of US federal agencies?

We are beginning a study of information sharing and collaboration between
scientists and  resource managers in the US Forest Service, Bureau of Land
Management, and other federal natural resources agencies. We are aware of:

Birk, S.M. 2005. Application of network analysis in evaluating knowledge
capacity. New Directions for Evaluation, 107, Fall, 69-79.

which examined networks among technical experts in the Idaho National
Laboratory, but have located no other similar papers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. They need not be about natural
resources agency personnel, but it would be most useful if they were about
federal personnel.

Thanks!          -ken

Ken Vance-Borland, Executive Director
The Conservation Planning Institute
"To protect and restore biological diversity through innovative conservation
planning

that is focused on effective implementation"
Tel:(541)231-7949 Email: [log in to unmask] Skype: ken.vance.borland
http://www.conservationplanninginstitute.org/
CPI is an IUCN member organization http://www.iucn.org/