Dear all,

problem fixed and not so serious (lucky me) - just a pc setting issue
(system language should be on UK or USA). Thanks to those who promptly
pointed out this to me.
Technical issues are always a major obstacles - for those of you who run
UCINET on a virtual machine on a MAC like I do, if you experiment such a
problem just act within the virtual machine from the control panel as if you
were in Windows.

Yours,
elena

2010/12/14 Mignonne Guy <[log in to unmask]>

> Elena Pavan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >*****  To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org  *****
> >
> >Dear all,
> >
> >after long time away from UCINET, I have just realized that the CONCOR
> >procedure now allows to specify a value for convergence that is set at 0.2
> >as default.
> >I do not remember it was possible to specify such a value in past versions
> >(while doing experiments i only used default settings) and now i'm
> >encountering some problems re-running the same analysis i performed some
> >time ago.
> >First - i keep receving and error message that says that 0,2 is not a
> valid
> >floating point - and this could be the case... but the problem is that i
> >have no idea how to get out of it and i never had this message with this
> >same matrix.. Should i then determine a value myself? Since this would be
> >even more abritrary than trying out default settings as i did before, i
> >could just leave the field blank (is this tantamount to what convergence
> >value? perhaps 1?) ...in any case, blank or 1 i obtain different results
> >than in my past analyses. The fact things change do not surprise me, but i
> >need to figure out how to set a plausible convergence value for my
> analyses
> >in order to make them compatible with those i performed with older
> versions
> >of the software... any suggestions?
> >
> >thanks in advance
> >Elena

Elena Pavan, Ph.D.
Research Fellow
Dipartimento di Ingegneria e Scienza dell'Informazione
via Sommarive 14, I-38123 Povo (Trento)