Hello Paul,

I think C-IKNOW may be a useful tool for collecting survey data for
two-mode networks.

C-IKNOW is a network analysis tool that has been developed by Noshir
Contractor's SONIC Lab.  You can find it at:

http://iknow.northwestern.edu/

In C-IKNOW it is possible to create surveys that have logins for
different types of users.  For example, on a project the lab is doing
for the Chicago Climate Action Plan, they have designed a survey that
allows both community members and representatives from Climate News
Organizations to provide data.  The community members can login as
themselves, while the representatives can login as their institutions.

Furthermore, it is possible to easily upload hyperlink and other digital
trace network data to the same system, which allows you to easily
compare this data all in the same platform.

If you have any questions, I am very experienced with the software, I
wrote the documentation and have been involved in its development for
almost 3 years now.  I'd be happy to help out.

Best,
Zack Johnson

On 12/2/10 9:33 AM, Paul Gilbert wrote:

> Does anyone have examples of survey items used to construct a two-mode
> network?
>
> I'm assisting a group at the UNC School of Public Health that will be
> using SNA for formative research towards development of health education
> interventions for two priority populations in a single US county. We'd
> like to create a two-mode network showing connections between a sample
> of individuals and approximately 10 settings (e.g. schools, barber
> shops, churches). While I've found good information on analysis methods
> for two-mode networks, I have not seen examples of the instruments used
> to generate these data. Any assistance would be much appreciated.
>
> Thank you, Paul
>
> --
>
> --
>
> Paul Gilbert, MSPH
> Doctoral Student and Kenan Fellow
> Department of Health Behavior and Health Education
> UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health

> SOCNET in the body of the message.

Zachary P. Johnson
Syndio Social, LLC.

www.syndiosocial.com