Dear Zhang Lun,

It is my personal opinion that in many cases much more can be learned
from breaking up such a large network into more homogeneous subsets and
analysing the structure and dynamics of the sub-networks.

Best wishes,

Tom

?? wrote:
> Sender:       Social Networks Discussion Forum <[log in to unmask]>
> Poster:       =?GB2312?B?1cXC1w==?= <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:      Questions about modeling the evolution of social network with
>               over 30,000 nodes
>
> --0015175cd2d07d759b04973691a9

> Dear all:
> I currently have a dataset of an online social network with over 30,000
> nodes. I want to use the p* model or Snijders' stochastic actor-based model
> to estimate the evolution of the network. However, the
> current programs (e.g., SIENA) do not allow the input data larger than 1,000
> nodes.
>
> Can anyone give me some advices on the model estimation?
>
> Thanks,
> ZHANG Lun
>
> Dept. Media & Communication,
> City University of Hong Kong

> --0015175cd2d07d759b04973691a9

> Dear all:=A0<div>I currently have a dataset of an online social network wit=
> h over 30,000 nodes. I want to use the p* model or Snijders&#39; stochastic=
>  actor-based model to estimate the evolution of the network. However, the c=
> urrent=A0programs=A0(e.g., SIENA) do not allow the input data larger than 1=
> ,000 nodes.=A0</div>
> ng Kong</div>
>
> --0015175cd2d07d759b04973691a9--

Tom A.B. Snijders
Professor of Statistics in the Social Sciences
University of Oxford

Professor of Statistics and Methodology
Department of Sociology, University of Groningen

for addresses and telephone numbers: see
http://stat.gamma.rug.nl/snijders/