***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
We are pleased to announce the launch of SocialCitnet (Beta), an online tool that introduces a new approach to search patent databases and to build and analyze technology landscapes using patent citations. The tool can be accessed online at www.socialcitnet.com.
With a single patent number as input, SocialCitnet extracts citation information from patent databases maintained by the USPTO (US patents) and EPO (worldwide patents) to construct the patent’s citation network. SocialCitnet can build citation networks upto 2 levels of depth. At depth 1, a patent's ego network is created. A depth 2 network includes patents at a maximum of 2 citation hops from the central patent.
The tool goes on to compute three different indices for each patent in the network, using an eigenvalue centrality approach:
- Patent Dependency on Network Index (A measure of how much a patent cites other patents in the network)
- Network Dependency on Patent Index (A measure of how much a patent is cited by other patents in the network)
- Ego Centric Citation Index/ Social Citation Index (A combination of above 2 measures)
Based on these indices, the patents are ranked and the most important patents are identified.
With SocialCitnet, you can:
- Search faster and more efficiently (lot of keyword based trial-and-error search effort can be eliminated)
- Quickly build technology landscapes (depth 2 networks double up as technology landscapes)
- Identify the most important inventions (to build on or design around)
SocialCitnet Beta is free for 20 days and up to 20 searches. We are eager for you to try it out and provide us feedback! We believe this tool can provide a new search paradigm for inventors and patent analysts across the world!
SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social
network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send
an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line
UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.
Co-Crafter, Founder Director,
Crafitti Consulting Private Ltd. www.crafitti.com
An Innovation Research and Consulting Think Tank
Mobile:+91-9740533255 Off: +91-80-41903185
, Skype: karthikeyan.iyer, Twitter: iamkart