Yesterday afternoon I was in Orlando, which I don't recommend at this peak time for the attractions. At the intersection of I4 and 528 there is a long circular onramp that encloses a pond which is drying up. I could see numerous gray Sandpipers out on the mud that might have been Yellowlegs. I have never seen any number of these birds in one place. As I came around to line up on I4 I got a glimpse of a crowd of about 20 Limpkins feeding together. I have never seen more than a couple of Limpkins and I was extremely frustrated not to have even been able to take a picture. It would be great if someone local could survey the spot and maybe share a photo.
Best,
Paul Francois
Holiday, SW Pasco Co.