Dear Birders,
    A juvenile Allen's Hummingbird has been at Stacy Meader's home, 1125 48th street in Niceville since December 14th.  It was banded today by Fred Bassett, and Pat Baker and I saw it come to the backyard feeder twice since the banding.  The house is three blocks east of Palm Blvd. and one block south of College Blvd.
    From I-10 west take FL 85 to the first light in Niceville, left on College Blvd., right on Palm Blvd., and the first left is 48th Street.  From I-10 east take FL 285 to the first light in Niceville, right on College Blvd, then left on Palm Blvd..
    Park in frot of the fenced home and walk right to the back yard and sit at the picnic table.  Stacy's father should be home if she isn't.  They have no dogs, and the dog at the home behind them is fenced and should not be a problem.  This is a first county record.
    I will notify Florida Birds when it has apparently departed the area.
    Don Ware, 850-862-6582