(We're usually coloured pink in Globes, like most ex-British colonies)

Reading John Scott's nice review article in the new journal, Social
Network Analysis and Mining 1, 1, I was startled by the following
sentence:

"Most notable of the developments in social network analysis outside North
American was the work of Barry Wellman on community structure in
Canada..."

Nope, it wasn't an attack of Canadian modesty. I like "notable"

But John: Canada is IN North America -- we're the little bitty country
that sends hockey players, oil and snow to the U.S. Oy vey.

You owe me a beer (not Canadian, pls) at the Sunbelt.

  Barry Wellman