December of 2009 there were two Western Kingbirds at Naval Station Mayport, usually found perched on the perimeter fence of the airfield approaching the TACAN station from the back gate entrance.
During the first week of December 2010, there was a single Western Kingbird that made a one day appearance and only today did I realize that it's still there - fantastic bird for the new year. If anyone is interested in trying for it this weekend and you don't have access please contact me off-line.
This bird is not visible from outside the base and I don't recommend trying to spot it.
Dylan Beyer
Duval County
Jacksonville