This morning, 1/4, I was walking my dog about 5:15 a.m., well before
dawn, when I heard a bird flush with the whirring, whistling sound of an
American Woodcock. I continued walking and later returned on the same
route and began searching in the neighborhood lawns with my flashlight.
Amazingly, I found the bird sitting in a lawn.  I walked back to my
house, put up the dog and returned with my camera. Using my flashlight,
I was able to get a recognizable, but terrible, photo. There must be an
easier way! This occurred in Ormond Beach, Volusia County.

Michael

Michael Brothers
Marine Science Center
Ponce Inlet, FL