Our most exciting sighting today was the Fox Sparrow in Gainesville that
Andy Kratter reported again last Wednesday. At about 9 this morning it
remained visible for about 5 minutes as it fed on the ground near the seed
platform that Andy has been stocking.

Here is what Andy Kratter reported on Wednesday:

"This morning I saw again the Fox Sparrow that has been present since 16
December along the Gainesville-Hawthorn Trail in Alachua Co. It was near the
small platform feeder that I have been stocking along the east side of the
trail. It has been getting easier to see of late.  Listen for it scratching
in the leaf litter or giving a thin high seep note.

"It is just south of my gate with a no trespassing sign and a painted
picture of a Pileated Woodpecker, about 150 yards south of SE 22nd Ave or
500 m north of the Boulware Spring parking lot off SE 15th Street in
Gainesville.   I will continue putting out seed. Last year it moved around
in about a 100 yard stretch of the GH trail on both sides from my gate
south."

Bev Hansen

Spring Hill, FL