Subject:  Blue-headed Parakeets in St. Pete [01062011]

Hi all:

Often, while driving home from the Tyrone shopping area [I live in South St.
Pete] I drive via 1st Avenue South and slow down to see if any Blue-headed
Parakeets are present at house on the corner of 38th Street & 1st Avenue South
[southwest corner].  A couple of years ago I would see them here periodically.

This afternoon, after a long time of not seeing them here, they were present in
the tree with the bird feeders - three Blue-headed.  Unfortunately I did not
have my camera with me.  I am including links to a couple of pix of these
Parakeets from couple years back.  Also present was one Black-hooded Parakeet
and a Mourning Dove.  At times a Cooper’s Hawk will perch in the top of this
tree keeping all the birds at bay but not today.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/4383152540/in/set-72157623370942615/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/4383151730/in/set-72157623370942615/

Happy birding!

David Laliberte