Dylan Beyer and I birded Huguenot Park, parts of Talbot Islands, and Fort George
Island today from 0700 to 1230. Species total is 80 (the list and some notes are
below).

Highlights at Huguenot this morning were Peregrine Falcon, 1 Horned Grebe
(uncommon at Huguenot the last 2 years), 1 Bufflehead, and 1 Marbled Godwit.

We had another Peregrine at Little Talbot Island, along with nice looks at a
beautiful adult male Northern Harrier. (We struck out on locating the Eider at
Nassau Sound).

The pond in Arlington across from Lowe's is full of ducks and ~200 coots. There
are about 50 Ring necked, 6 Redhead (5 male), 8 Ruddy, Hooded Mergansers, and
also 6 Common Moorhen.

Kevin Dailey
Jacksonville FL
Duval County

1/1/2011
Canada Goose
Mallard
Redhead (6; pond in Arlington)
Ring-necked Duck
Bufflehead (1; in lagoon at Huguenot)
Hooded Merganser
Red-breasted Merganser
Ruddy Duck
Pied-billed Grebe
Horned Grebe (1, lagoon at Huguenot)
Northern Gannet
Brown Pelican
Double-crested Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret
Snowy Egret
Tricolored Heron
White Ibis
Wood Stork
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Osprey
Bald Eagle (1 imm.; Bird Island, Nassau Sound)
Northern Harrier (3)
American Kestrel
Peregrine Falcon (2; 1 @ Huguenot, 1 @ Lt. Talbot Isl.)
Common Moorhen (6; pond in Arlington)
American Coot
Black-bellied Plover
Wilson’s Plover
Semipalmated Plover
Killdeer
Willet
Marbled Godwit (1; Family Beach area @ Huguenot)
Ruddy Turnstone
Sanderling
Western Sandpiper
Dunlin
Laughing Gull
Bonaparte’s Gull
Herring Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Caspian Tern
Royal Tern
Forster’s Tern
Black Skimmer
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Common Ground-Dove
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
Loggerhead Shrike
Blue-headed Vireo
Blue Jay
Tree Swallow
Carolina Chickadee
Tufted Titmouse
Carolina Wren
House Wren
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
American Robin (~300; Amelia Island State Park)
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Orange-crowned Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Palm Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Eastern Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Common Grackle (100; Ft George Island)
Boat-tailed Grackle (50; Ft George Island)
House Finch (e)
Red-winged Blackbird