I’ll report it here, because I have not seen it mentioned, that a single Kelp Gull has been present at Anclote Gulf Park since 12/28. The species has apparently been verified as correct despite being unlikely. I have not yet seen it but when I do I will shoot some video. If you travel to see it be sure you know which of the Anclote parks is the correct one and pay the $2/car fee. Enforcers were there today making sure the hoard of birders paid up. The 8am tide is very low and the Gull has been approaching the fishing pier to collect scraps discarded by fishermen. I filmed a Kelp Gull at Ushuaia a year ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=092Sc6B_csY

Best,
Paul Francois
Holiday, SW Pasco Co.