From: David Laliberte <[log in to unmask]>
To: FLORIDABIRDS-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Jan 6, 2011 4:38 pm
Subject: [FLBIRDS] Blue-headed Parakeets in St. Pete [01062011]

ubject:  Blue-headed Parakeets in St. Pete [01062011]

i all:

ften, while driving home from the Tyrone shopping area [I live in South St.
ete] I drive via 1st Avenue South and slow down to see if any Blue-headed
arakeets are present at house on the corner of 38th Street & 1st Avenue South
southwest corner].  A couple of years ago I would see them here periodically.

his afternoon, after a long time of not seeing them here, they were present in
he tree with the bird feeders - three Blue-headed.  Unfortunately I did not
ave my camera with me.  I am including links to a couple of pix of these
arakeets from couple years back.  Also present was one Black-hooded Parakeet
nd a Mourning Dove.  At times a Cooper’s Hawk will perch in the top of this
ree keeping all the birds at bay but not today.
ttp://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/4383152540/in/set-72157623370942615/
ttp://www.flickr.com/photos/fotobirder/4383151730/in/set-72157623370942615/

appy birding!

avid Laliberte