Hello BESTers,

I'm passing along an interesting article that was sent to me.  It
presents a perspective on the differences between food waste in
developed and developing nations.  While food waste may be a global
problem, the reasons for wasting food are very different.  I disagree
with the author's final statement, however, that food waste will not be
reduced in rich countries unless prices increase significantly.  One
cannot underestimate the potential of sustainable behavior change.  At
the very least the food that is wasted should be be put to a better use
than landfilling, both in rich and poor countries.

Have a great weekend,
Ryan

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=1593&topicId=21355&docId=l:1366903398

Waste not, want not