Sounds too good to be true to me too. And some of us think that carbon emissions and global warming are bigger problems than high oil prices and will become increasingly so (ask all the victims of the freakish weather we've been having). High oil prices drive improvement in efficiency and lowering of carbon emissions, low oil prices feed the beast which has a choke hold on our government, the same monster which through lobbying, lies and bullying has denied global warming and fought efficiency and emissions standards for decades, and is now fighting to keep billions in government subsidies, despite ridiculous profits.

 Also this 'new technology' that makes all these purported reserves accessible is of utmost interest and I wonder why it was not delved into in this emotionally charged article. Anyone ever hear of the term 'fracking'?

But it does beg the question do we really need to be drilling in the Gulf of Mexico?
:)
maureen