Re: Deceitful vs Transparent companies and their claims:
I asked for opinions on Vinod Khosla last week on this site, after reading a hostile and vicious editorial in the Wall Street Journal raking him.  Today I was very surprised to see in the Wall Street Journal a long letter from Khosla and another from the CEO of Range LLC defending themselves, and doing a good job of it. Khosla pointed out that this new industry and technology has much promise and has met some goals. It has spent a miniscule amount of money compared to government nuclear reactor development, much of it was private (speculative). He also noted the 14 trillion dollars spent on US aircraft carrier groups over the last 30 years providing free protection for Big Oil and and their connections to the West. None of that would be expended if we had home-grown energy.

David Carlson (PS: n-butanol still makes me sick, and I am not allergic to anything ).