The Association of Tutoring Professionals is for all levels of
school-related tutor and independent ones as well.

Lois

On 2/4/2011 2:26 PM, Scavo_Laura wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone recommend a tutor certification organization for professionals who would like to work with elementary/secondary students?  Would CRLA certification apply if the tutees are not college level students?  May be a odd question, but a professional friend would like to open a tutor center in our local area and is a bit stumped about how to certify herself/and her tutors.
>
> Laura Scavo
>
> Director of the Learning Center
> The Learning Center
> Roberts Wesleyan College
> 2301 Westside Drive
> Rochester, New York  14624
> Office: 585.594.6270
> Fax: 585.594.6930

Lois Martin
Director, Academic Resource&  Writing Center
Goshen College
1700 South Main Street
Goshen, IN 46526
574-535-7576

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.