CRLA would not be the appropriate certification organization for k-12.

Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Hi All,
>
>Can anyone recommend a tutor certification organization for professionals
>who would like to work with elementary/secondary students?  Would CRLA
>certification apply if the tutees are not college level students?  May be
>a odd question, but a professional friend would like to open a tutor
>center in our local area and is a bit stumped about how to certify
>herself/and her tutors.
>
>Laura Scavo
>
>Director of the Learning Center
>The Learning Center
>Roberts Wesleyan College
>2301 Westside Drive
>Rochester, New York  14624
>Office: 585.594.6270
>Fax: 585.594.6930

>browser to

Roberta Schotka, Director of Programs, PLTC
Wellesley College
phone:781-283-2675
fax: 781-283-3709

College Reading & Learning Association
Assistant Coordinator of Certified Programs