-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chareane Wimbley-Gouveia
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 7:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Reading & Study Strategies Course Syllabi Sought

Hello:

Do you teach reading and study strategies in the same course?

The Developmental Studies Department at Linn-Benton Community College is
reviewing the scope and sequence of our reading and study skills
courses. We are very interested in looking at syllabi for courses that
focus on student persistence and emphasize metacognition, contextualized
and integrated learning, and research supported strategy instruction.

I'd also like to hear from you if you are working toward similar goals,
and can point me to conference presenters who have inspired you, or
research that has been meaningful to your work.

Cordially,

Chareane Wimbley-Gouveia
Faculty/Learning Center Coordinator
Chair/Developmental Studies