Dear all,

yesterday we released visone version 2.6.3, a free, platform-independent
software for network analysis and visualization, introducing many new
features and improvements.

This version is now available from www.visone.info and will be used in
the tutorials taking place next Tuesday and Wednesday at Sunbelt XXXI.

In addition to support for longitudinal networks and a recently
introduced graphical user interface for RSiena, we now also provide,
among other things,

* interoperability with R
  An R console can be opened through which networks and attributes are
  send back and forth between visone and R.  This way, R can be used to
  do calculations not supported in visone, and visone can be used as a
  graphical network editor for analyses in R.

* interoperability with KNIME
  KNIME (Konstanz Information Miner) is a user-friendly and comprehensive
  open-source data integration, processing, analysis, and exploration
  platform.  Again, networks can be send back and forth.

* a wiki that will grow into more comprehensive documentation

The full list of changes is here:
http://www.visone.info/doku.php?id=download:changes#visone_263

Enjoy,

B.

--
Prof. Dr. Ulrik Brandes
Department of Computer &    | +49 7531 88-4433 (phone)