Hi,
I am writing to you on the recommendation of Dr. Barry Wellman (University of Toronto) as he mentioned that this may be of interest.

Essentially I am mapping all the tweets on Twitter corresponding to a particular keyword, and this is done in realtime. As a result, I have been able to publish visualizations of Twitter tweets containing "Mubarak" in them. You can see them in the webpage below - you'll notice a spike of activity around 13:00 PST (23:00 Egypt) when Mubarak gives a talk about whether or not he will be stepping down.

http://twitterdots.posterous.com

You can visualize all the current data regarding the keyword "iran" on the main page, http://www.twitterdots.com

I wonder if there are opportunities to leverage this interface for other uses? Please let me know.

Sincerely,
Rio Akasaka
----
MSCS, HCI Stanford