Dear Hossam,

You might be interested in the Truthy project
(http://truthy.indiana.edu/) at Indiana University, which is aimed at
the study of how memes spread online, and in particular astroturf
campaigns like you describe. You can see visualizations of many other
diffusion networks (from the recent US political elections) on the
Truthy site, and videos on the Truthy YouTube channel
(http://www.youtube.com/user/truthyatindiana).

As pointed out by David Hachen there is a connection -- Truthy is part
of a broad collaboration on social media and networks between the
Center for Complex Networks and Systems Research at the IU School of
Informatics and Computing, the Complex Networks Lab at ISI Foundation
in Turin, and the Dept. of Computer Science at the University of
Turin. The visualization of the Twitter diffusion network during the
Egyptian revolution was made by André Panisson from the University of
Turin.

-Fil
http://cnets.indiana.edu/people/filippo-menczer