From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alexander Gutfraind [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2011 4:45 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Terrorist Org Networks

***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** An interesting example of such a network is Francs-Tireurs et Partisans which operated in WWII in France.

It's explained in:

Optimizing Topological Cascade Resilience Based on the Structure of Terrorist Networks
http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0013448

The edgelist data is available.

-Sasha Gutfraind.

On 2/25/2011 11:45 AM, Stanley Wasserman wrote:
***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** from one of my students:

************************
Dear SOCNET,

I am searching for network data on terrorist organizations that I can use for a course project.
I am interested in exploring the ties between terrorist organizations at either a national or international level.
I would also be interested in data that could be used to explore the network that exists within a single terrorist organization.
If anyone has data that they would be willing to share, or recommendations for possible sources of data it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Joseph G. DeLeeuw
Graduate Student
Indiana University
Department of Criminal Justice

************

If any of you SOCNETers have any info about such data, do let us know.
Thanks.

SW

Stanley Wasserman
Psychological and Brain Sciences
Statistics
Indiana University

_____________________________________________________________________ SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send an email message to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> containing the line UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.

--
Alexander "Sasha" Gutfraind
Theoretical Division