We have proposed methodology for analyzing such data in:

Petrovčič Andraž, Vehovar Vasja, Žiberna Aleš (2011): Posting, quoting, and
replying : a comparison of methodological approaches to measure
communication ties in webforums
http://www.springerlink.com/content/854325420741l450/

Best regards,
Aleš Žiberna