Since you have coordinate data, it sounds like the easiest thing to do would be to use GIS software such as ArcGIS, use your network visual as an overlay, and stretch it to fit over the map, matching the coordinate data of your nodes to the coordinate data of the map.

It is exciting to see another doctoral student in social work using maps and networks.  Hope your project goes well.

--
Eric DesMarais, MSW, LCSW
Doctoral Student