From: Social Networks Discussion Forum on behalf of Eric DesMarais
Sent: Wed 02/03/2011 22:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SOCNET] Geograpical Coordinates in NetDraw - please help!

Since you have coordinate data, it sounds like the easiest thing to do would
be to use GIS software such as ArcGIS, use your network visual as an
overlay, and stretch it to fit over the map, matching the coordinate data of
your nodes to the coordinate data of the map.

It is exciting to see another doctoral student in social work using maps and
networks.  Hope your project goes well.

--
Eric DesMarais, MSW, LCSW
Doctoral Student

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM, Stephanie Smith <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have been trying to figure out how to project the image of my network on
> to a map and have not been successful. I have the latitude and longitude of
> each node and have made them into attribute files so to place the nodes with
> their location on the map. However, once I'm in NetDraw and click on
> Layout/Coordinates as Attrbutes and try to complete the steps, my network
> vanishes! **Poof**
>
> Has this ever happened to anyone else? If so, do you know what I am doing
> wrong?
>
> Any help you could lend would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Stephanie Smith
> PhD Student
> School of Sociology, Social Policy & Social Work
> Queen's University Belfast
>  6 College Park
> Belfast BT7 1LP
> Northern Ireland

De informatie  verzonden in dit e-mail bericht  inclusief de bijlage(n) is
vertrouwelijk  en is  uitsluitend  bestemd  voor de geadresseerde  van dit
bericht. Lees verder: http://www.eur.nl/email-disclaimer

The information in this e-mail message  is confidential and may be legally
privileged. Read more: http://www.eur.nl/english/email-disclaimer