As I was "listening" to Norm sing "Teen Angel," I realized the obit guy was right: there ARE questions. It's not just "what was the ring doing back in the car?" And it's not just "what are the odds of stalling on railroad tracks?" Why does he have to PULL her out, if the car is just stalled? And if we start to see dream girl as a bit death, no pun intended, driven, the questions like the ring, and the running back, and who was driving/stalling, get even more questionable.
Good evenings,
Paul Emmett
________________________________
From: Discussion Group for Psychology and the Arts [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sheila Rae Bradley [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Teen Angel

Please please please and pretty please sing ths

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

________________________________
From: Norman Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Discussion Group for Psychology and the Arts <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 11:40:22 -0400
To: <[log in to unmask]>
ReplyTo: Discussion Group for Psychology and the Arts <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Teen Angel

Dear All,

"Teen Angel" is about a teenage boy's girlfriend (not the reverse) dying after being hit by a train.  It's high camp and quite funny.  As for unconscious meanings, I've always appreciated the necrophilia of the lines, "I'll never kiss your lips again/They buried you today."  If you pleaded with me, I could sing the entire song for you.

Best,
Nora