***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Dear Members of the SocNet List,

I am looking for any papers that have computed correlations or regressions of popular centrality network measures like closeness, degree, eigenvector or betweeness and the actual transmission of information.

So for example I might have

a) a network of friendships of peole and additionally
b) I might have a network that has an arc if a person has forwarded information from a person.

If I compute a network regression of the actors degree in the friendship network and the number of how often his information was forwarded I can see how useful the centrality measures actually are in predicting future information diffusion for an actor.

I have tried that a couple of times on online friendship networks and the regression usually ends up having an explanation from common centrality measures are around 30%. I am wondering if there are similar attempts out there in order to compare my values and my approach?

I think this question is highly relevant because it actually asks if the centrality measures we use every day to highlight certain actors in information diffusion are really usefull.

P.S.
I can also think of computing different measures for brokers between two communities and the actual transmission or strong ties and their influence on the actual transmission.

Best Regards
Thomas Plotkowiak

--
Thomas Plotkowiak