***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi all,

Can anyone recommend articles that discuss bias or misperception in an individual's ability to describe his or her own network? I'm working on an article that argues for for combining network surveys/interviews with analysis performed using logs of online behavior in order to get a more accurate overall picture of what's happening at a network level, and I could use more examples of previous work where respondents had difficulty accurately describing their networks, their positions in their networks, etc. I've been referencing Casciaro, Carley & Krakhardt's "Positive Affectivity and Accuracy in Social Network Perception" and Casciaro's "Seeing Things Clearly" articles pretty heavily so far. Are there any other similar references I could use? Bonus points for articles that discuss friendship and/or online networks in particular, but anything on bias or misperception would be useful.

Thanks for your help!

Brooke

--
Brooke Foucault Welles