For a long time we have used two videos in our in-house RM class for Sedgwick County and City of Wichita employees -- "For the Record" (Commonwealth Films) and "Public Records Public Trust" (NY SARA -- KS Archives had no similar video). Both are showing their age to the point of distraction: MS-DOS screens on the computers, outdated tech references and more. We have thought about making our own, but are not there yet (and with prospective budget cuts, may not be for a long time). Also, both have played so much over the years that I fear they will fail at some point in the near future.

Does anyone know of a commercial video that is more current available for purchase? Or does another state or locality have a video that it would share? Google showed no real prospects.

Our other option is to cut the videos and replace with small group exercises. If you use exercises in your RM training, I would be interested in those, too to help spur our creativity. Thanks in advance!

// Douglas K. King, Records Mgr / Freedom of Info Offcr, MA, ERM-M
\\  www.sedgwickcounty.org   "Sedgwick County ... working for you"