All:

I am happy to announce that the faculty at the University of Maryland
in sociology and computer science are hosting an NSF sponsored
workshop on technology mediated social participation (TMSP) with a
heavy emphasis on social networks and social media.

The workshop is open to US graduate students in a variety of
disciplines (social sciences, computer science, information science,
etc.) and includes a stipend to support participation.

Please pass this following announcement along to your students and
other groups that may be interested.  This short listserv length
announcement describes our workshop, and the link in that announcement
leads to more details:

***** W O R K S H O P  D E S C R I P T I O N *****

The Summer Social Webshop (@Webshop2011) is 4-day interdisciplinary
workshop for US graduate students (August 23-26, 2011) at the
University of Maryland, College Park organized by leading researchers
for graduate students at US universities studying social-networking
tools, blogs and microblogs, user-generated content sites, discussion
groups, problem reporting, recommendation systems, and other social
media.

For more information and application go to:
http://www.cs.umd.edu/hcil/webshop2011

Application deadline for best consideration: June 17th, 2011.

We are also using twitter to spread this announcement.  You can see
the original tweet (for retweeting) at
http://twitter.com/#!/smilex3md/status/75626228660449280 and the
original tweeted text is:

US Grad student applications wanted for #Webshop2011 #UMD #HCIL #NSF
#SMRF #TMSP #SNA #Socialmedia Aug 23-26 http://bit.ly/iJnS7u

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Alan Neustadtl

Department of Sociology
University of Maryland