Dear All,

According to my understanding, co-authorship networks lie in the domain of
social networks but research mostly relies on bibliometric data to analyze the
network. I guess there is dearth of research which consider co-authorship
networks as "typical" social networks and hence study
some sociological questions in the network. May be this has something to do with
defining the boundary of the co-authorship network and hence failure to
complement bibliometric data with additional data (survey for e.g.). Hence I'm
looking for some research which has studied some sociological phenomenon in
co-authorship networks particularly the impact of some moderating variables on
the relationship between networks and academic performance. Yes I have seen
researchers use control variables but how about moderating variables? Can these
control variables be tested for the moderator effect just for the sake of
exploring the gap in research or can we use demographic variables as moderating
variables?

Hope to get insightful replies from experts.

regards
Kamal Badar
Doctoral candidate
AIT