Dear Peter,

The spatial manifestation of social networks and the implications thereof
for mobility is a topic that has attracted the attention of transportation
researchers. We have coordinated a series of international workshops
starting in 2005, with the latest edition coming up in October 2011 to be
hosted in Canada.

You can find links to the original presentations here:
http://www.e-du.nl/frontiers/2005/index.html
http://www.e-du.nl/frontiers/2007/index.html
http://www.science.mcmaster.ca/geo/faculty/paez/Program.html

These lead to two special issues until now, in Environment and Planning B:
Planning and Design, vol.35, no.6 (2008), and in Transportation Research
Part A, vol.45, no.4 (2011).
http://www.envplan.com/contents.cgi?journal=B
<http://www.envplan.com/contents.cgi?journal=B&volume=35&issue=6>
&volume=35&issue=6
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/publication?issn=09658564
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/publication?issn=09658564&volume=45&is
sue=4> &volume=45&issue=4

There is a third special issue currently under way at Environment and
Planning A, being guest edited by Antonio Paez, Darren Scott, Juan Carrasco
and myself.

If you would like further information, you are most welcome to contact me
off-list if you like.

Best regards,
Elenna Dugundji

  _____