Michael,

Clive Thompson has written about networks in Wired and I believe the NYT
as well. His latest piece profiles our work on Network Structure and
Novel Information, check it out:

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/04/st_thompson_homophily/

Best

Sinan

Sinan Aral
Assistant Professor, NYU Stern School of Business.
Research Affiliate, MIT Sloan School of Management.
Personal Webpage: http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~saral
SSRN Page: http://ssrn.com/author=110270
WIN Workshop: http://www.winworkshop.net
Twitter: http://twitter.com/sinanaral