***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Peter,

We developed metrics to examine theoretical and empirical radii as well as bias in edge length in geographic networks. The empirical case in this study involved personal networks involving help/support after Hurricane Katrina.

Rychtar, J, EC Jones, RL Bunch, R Gove. 2010. Calculating Edge Length Bias and the Relative Size of a ‘Neighborhood’ in Spatial Social Networks. Far East Journal of Applied Mathematics 39(1):53-69.

Best, Eric