Thanks a lot to everybody who responded!  SOCNET is always so wonderfully
helpful.

Looks like there are a whole lot of options for doing this.  I am going to
give a number of these a try.  If I find that something works especially
well for displaying these kinds of networks, I'll report back to the list.

Andrei