Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:21:58 +0200
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SOCNET] Analysis of directed vs. undirected networks
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear all,

although I received many helpful comments with respect to the posting I made a couple of days ago (thanks to James Howison, Waldo Tobler, Allon Uhlmann and Paul Broome), I did not yet find any references to manuscripts that have looked into the potential bias of working with undirected vs. directed networks.

I therefore would like to give this another try with a slightly different angle: Does anyone know of papers that have looked into social contagion and that used directed networks for their analysis? Ideally I would love to have references to papers that analyze social contagion in new product adoption or in retention, but anything else is likely to be useful as well as long as the study works with directed networks.

Given the high interest that this question appears to generated among the SOCNET community, I will post a summary of all responses I received back to the list in 7-10 days time.

Thanks very much for your help in advance,

Michael