Faust & Skvoretz 2002 "Comparing networks across space and time, size and
species" is a classic for doing comparative network analysis.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1467-9531.00118/abstract

--
Brian C. Keegan
Ph.D. Student - Media, Technology, & Society

Science of Networks in Communities, Laboratory for Collaborative Technology