From: Barry Wellman [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 10:32 AM
To: communication and information technology section asa; social networks
list; aoir list
Cc: Noshir Contractor
Subject: Web Science conference in Evanston IL (Chicago-ish) June 22-24

I just locknoted ACM's Webscience 11 in Koblenz.

At the end of which the indefatigable Nosh Contractor announced that he (and
colleagues) will host the next ACM Web Science conference in Evanston, June
12-24 2012 (Kellogg School, Northwestern U), right after the Network Science
conference June 19-22 at the same venue.

If you're wondering what "web science" is, it's mostly work by computer
scientists eager to build more social science understanding into their
research. Much like the early days of the social networks network (INSNA)
and the internet researchers of AOIR, it's heavily weighted towards eager
young students, many of whom are either building apps or are doing studies
of Internet use and users. Steffan Stabb and York Sure led the current
conference. Nosh Contractor, Sir Tim Berners-Lee, Dame Wendy Hall, Peter
Monge, Janet Fulk have been active.

For more info, contact Noshir Contractor <[log in to unmask]>,

  Barry Wellman