***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hi all,

Based on the success of MSM 2010 which was held in Hypertext 2010 in Toronto, Canada (http://kmi.tugraz.at/workshop/MSM10/), please consider submitting to MSM 2011, the 2nd International Workshop on Modeling Social Media (co-located with IEEE SocialCom 2011).

Call for papers is below:

http://www.kde.cs.uni-kassel.de/ws/msm2011/

Objectives

Continuing the success of MSM 2010, we would like to address the user interface aspects of modeling social media. Much, if not all, interaction is done through some sort of user interface, however how to model social media through the user interface has still not been standardized. For example, people interact with their Facebook friends through the Facebook interface or perhaps another SNS interface like Seesmic. How do we model this user interface, and can this model be replicated to other social media and other form factors like new pad-based devices like the Apple iPad and to more recent high graphics-oriented smartphones like the Apple iPhone 4?
The goal of this workshop is to continue our vibrant discussion on modeling social media, focusing on the user interface modeling.
The workshop aims to attract and discuss various aspects of user interface modeling in social media using a wide range of modeling perspectives (such as justificative, explanative, descriptive, formative, predictive, etc models) and approaches (statistical modeling, conceptual modeling, temporal modeling, etc).
We want to bring together social networking researchers and user interface designers and practitioners with diverse backgrounds interested in 1) exploring different perspectives and approaches to modeling complex social media phenomena and systems through the user interface, 2) the different purposes and applications that models of social media can serve, and 3) issues of integrating and validating user interfaces in social media systems.

Topics of Interest

Topics may include, but are not limited to:

We also encourage submissions which relate research results from other areas to the workshop topics.

Workshop Organizers

Program Committee

Submission and Proceedings

We intend to publish proceedings in the ACM Digital Library and include them on the conference CD.

We solicit short position papers (1-2 pages) and peer-reviewed research papers (4-8 papers) in the IEEE conference paper style. Information about the submission system will be released on the workshop website soon.

Thanks.

Alvin

---
Alvin Chin