Vlado,

Thanks for the pointer. I remain confused.

What I have done so far is (1) transform a two-mode network into a one-mode
network; (2) remove loops and simplify the result, summing multiple lines;
and (3) used the k-neighbors command to identify the k1 networks for two
vertices. The problem, as I see it, is to (a) use the Operations>Extract
from network command to extract the two k1 networks, (b) count the number of
vertices in their union, (c) count the number of vertices in their
intersection, and (d) compute the  Jaccard coefficient using the results of
(b) and (c). But (b) and (c) are where I get hung up.

The summing up neighbors, max of neighbors and min of neighbors commands
described on page 35 of the manual assume a vector, but at this point I have
no vector to work with. Where does that vector come from? Also, the
description in the manual suggests that these commands generate results for
individual vertices. What I want to do is to compare pairs of vertices.

As you can see, I am, indeed, confused. Page 35 in the manual has failed to
enlighten me. Can you give me a hand here.

Your help is much appreciated.

John

--
John McCreery