From: South Central Green Team Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Caldwell,Doug L [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 10:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: oak tree problem

Have been seeing some of this too on live oaks; yours look like laurel oaks?

I don't think it is disease. I've been chalking most of it up to dry, dry, dry conditions and girdling roots. But the trees with the lower branches browning first is puzzling. MaNY OF THE BRANCHES HERE, WHICH HAD BROWNING, ALSO HAD GREEN BUDS OR CAMBIUM...(HATE THAT CAPS KEY!).....

"Helping you beautify your landscape and protect the environment!"
Doug
Doug Caldwell, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Collier Co. Extension (a Public Services Department)
Commercial Landscape Horticulture
Landscape Entomologist
14700 Immokalee Rd.
Naples, FL 34120